Interesting conversation yesterday evening. The Geetika Sharma case was on Television; and we were discussing the merits and de-merits. A point of view proferred to me was "Well she is an air hostessor a TV Actress, and you know to get into that kind of profession, we all know what she might have to do". and the second opinion proferred was, "He paid for her education, what was she thinking", another opinion was - "The issue with women is that they are willing to compromise to get ahead to fulfill their ambitions, but when things start to get serious, the women scream blaming the guy and half the scenarios being discussed on the media these days fall in that category", and the final opinion was "Why do women wear such revealing clothes to invite temptation". I know that such behavior is rampant, I know that there will be people men and women who will compromise values (maybe it is my moral compass) to get ahead however that is not the point at all.
I do not want to get into the debate of whether the recent crimes against women are justified. I have a set of simple questions for my fellow bretheren.
- Who gave you the right to violate my self respect? No you think it is the right of your sex? You are made that way.
- What makes you think that because i go to a Pub at night, I want your attention?
- Just because I have a drink with a friend/colleauge, you have to judge my character?
- Just because I have a job that ends at 9 pm, the next best thing we need is you and not a cup of tea? So blah !
- I should cover myself head to toe (not that it has ever stopped you), so that you have the freedom to dress lewdly, talk crudely, and do whoever,whatever wherever, and whenever. YES YES and YES.
But you know what, I as a woman, have to curb myself, so you can live your life, because that is what you are. Poor Men, they are like that only, so let them be.
So next time, you want to start this debate, DON'T. I will be told, you asked for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment