Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Crossing the Arctic Circle when I am 66 year old

Ever heard of an armchair traveller, so although i do travel a lot, i still consider myself an arm chair traveller. Why because, I read a lot of abt exotic locales; luxury vacations; trips to the north pole and south pole and then think to myself - "Geethe, tera bhi ek din aayega ( You also will have your day)".

So having set the context to the fact that this post is not something which I have witnessed/gone through blah blah.... bottom line not original :-) (to what extent, people go ! why cannot they simply say lifted from somewhere, or, Is serial ke sabhi patra kalpanik hain...have nothing to do with people alive or dead )

Where was I ? Ok, while reading a newsletter on varied travels, I came across this trip made by a 66 yeard old; and as Burton says it... "It's something I wanted to do for years. That is, to be north of the Arctic Circle on the first day of summer (June of course), and then to be south of the Antarctic Circle on the first day of summer in the southern hemisphere (December). This had to happen in the same year, I thought. And so it did."

This makes for some fun travelling from Seattle, where she was based , to places like Alaska and Chile alone and took her close to an year.

Link to details about this trip she undertook :
http://www.travelpod.com/first-travelogue-entry/burtonll/circles_2005/tpod.html

Ensoi !

No comments: