Sunday, September 10, 2006

What is it with american football ?

I
Someone said "Americans express their animal instinct through football"... fusball.. whatever, you say i saw the game for the first time today and it really got me hooked. I went to see Purdue play Miami...in the beginning the game seemed funny, and I was clueless to start with. Looks like the players never leave the precints of the 40-50 yards. It was a suspense filled game, as Miami and Purdue were tied at 31 each at end of the 4th Quarter...and then Purdue won through tie break.

This is the college football season. Anybody and everybody is watching matches on TV, on radio ESPN sports center. As I drove with my friend to Indiana. we passed people and cars...if u passed a car with Purdue paraphernalia, you waved and gave a thumbsup. If you saw Notre Dame or Penn State, you gave a knowing smile..like May the best team win..hoping within that your team never has to play them.
At the Ross ade stadium, the atmosphere was electric. The sound of " 1,2,3,4 First down" or " Go Boilers " chanted by 53,000 fans, was unbelievable. I have never been much of a sports fan but I was converted today....

No comments: