Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cabbie Talks

Now that i dont get mail on my blackberry (thanks to Blackberritis..) and even my Tata Photon is not working... this is a conspiracy to avoid my working on the go; I have struck up a nice way of keeping myself busy in the Cab or Meru.
One way is to listen to Eminem's new single Love the Way you lie...I can hear it 10 times a day.. the power of the words and the emotion is enough to get me dancing in the cab / chase my blues away
The other is to strike a conversation with the Cabbie .... It amazes me to see the wealth of knowledge and wordly awareness by the cab drivers. Today i had an encounter with a Gadget Geek - He knew more about 3G, internet, phone apps and technology than maybe folks on the Gadget Guru show. He was comparing notes on laptop battery life, ,,,, i can go on. This morning I met a cabbie who was talking about State of Infrastructure in India and comparing it to Hongkong, Singapore and was suggesting ways to decongest Delhi.
I wish our self appointed Netas will hear - our voting masses do actually have a POV on issues that come on your manifesto if only you can asked them.

No comments: